[geeks] POWER5!!!!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Nov 20 22:18:44 CST 2002

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 11:12 PM, Eric Dittman wrote:
> Bush was elected, according to the laws governing the
> election of the President of the United States.  He
> won the Electoral College even though he didn't win
> the popular vote.
>
> Sure, the Electoral College is a stupid idea in this
> day and age, but by law it decides the president.

   Technicality.  If "voting to elect the president" actually involved
everyone casting votes and having those votes tallied, would he still
have won?

> Saddam is nuts.  He's proved in the past that he has no qualms
> about using chemical weapons against his foes.  He's also tried
> to get nuclear weapons.  He's financed terrorism.  He's tried
> to commit genocide.  He's another Hitler waiting to happen.

   Absolutely.  That's why we should've nuked the sonofabitch a decade
ago during the gulf war instead of wimping out.  Unfinished business
yadda yadda.  I maintain, however, that these issues are separate from
Bush's grandstanding.

> One problem we have is that *EVERY* country in the Middle East
> supports, either officially or unofficially, terrorism against
> the United States.

   Well then, the obvious answer is a takeover. ;)

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "So you're really not gonna bite on the
St. Petersburg, FL              transvestite bait?"    -Doc Shipley