[geeks] Y'all

Steven Hill sjh at waroffice.net
Wed Nov 20 17:29:41 CST 2002

> That's the funny thing about the English language; words that don't
> exist in the dictionary will over time if adopted in common use.
>
> "Y'all" comes to mind as one of the better examples, I think.  "You
> all" contracted to "y'all" is a great time saver.

What is wrong with "you"?

We Scots have a tendency to say "yous" as the plural of you.

In context: "See yous, yer a' bampots!"

Probably best leave it at that, I am off for a drink.
Did I say "a" drink? I meant many drinks!

:-)

--
Steven Hill

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.