[geeks] re: oh man

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Wed Nov 20 16:33:04 CST 2002

>> > http://download.watch.impress.co.jp/pc/2002/1120/kaigai1_3.mpg
>> >
>> > That is amazing stuff.
>?
>>  http://www.fx2.se/showreel/showreel_2002_divx.avi
>
>OK, downloaded and viewed it.  But, how much of it is done in real time?
>How much of it is pure CG?  And why does Adobe seem to want to say that
>After Effects was used?

 I don't really know much about this, it was only stated that 90% of it was
done with an Onyx2 (2p R10-195). I recently watched the video and thought the
geforceFX video wasn't so spectacular :).

>>  Onyx2 1 - GeForceFX 0.
>
>I know that the Onyx line has a lot of geometry power, but they seem to
>be emphasizing raw transformation power rather than programability.

 The Onyx2 is much bigger (the standard in PC graphics since 3Dfx) and looks
way cooler :). Take a look at the Developer's Toolbox for information, there
are also a couple of nice Onyx2 demos you can try on your GForce. They also
have "From space into your face" up for download. Damn, I need to get an Onyx!
I'd really like to watch that...

  greetings,
    Michiel