[geeks] Anybody can borrow me $10k? hehe....

vance at neurotica.com vance at neurotica.com
Wed Nov 20 14:32:18 CST 2002

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Dave Kimmel wrote:

> >    Most useful stuff is out of place on Windows. ;)
>
> Yeah, true.  My main uses for Windows are web stuff, games, and PIC
> programming.  And ssh to the FreeBSD box that's five feet away.  Oh and
> anything graphical, mainly because my FreeBSD box is rather inadequate
> for that.

Why not install FreeBSD on the current Windows box?

> This is one of the reasons I'm seriously thinking of getting a Mac.  It's
> unix, so I can do the useful things that I do with my FreeBSD box, but
> it's also mainstream, so I can do a lot of the things that I use the
> Windows box for.  I think that the main thing I need to replace is my PIC
> programmer.  Everything else, except for the games, should be perfectly
> usable on OSX.

I play most of my games on OS X these days.

> Actually, even the games aren't a problem...  My main time waster right
> now is WarCraft III, which was released for Mac and PC from day 1.  I hope
> that's the start of a trend for the gaming market.

Blizzard has *always* supported Macs along with PC's.  Actually, they
started out supporting Macs and added PC's later.  The one who I am glad
has decided to recently start supporting Mac is Infogrames (the parent
company of Microprose/Hasbro Interactive).

Peace...  Sridhar