[geeks] Anybody can borrow me $10k? hehe....

Donald McClure donindigo2 at mac.com
Wed Nov 20 05:06:04 CST 2002

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 02:29  AM, Yuri K wrote:

> but I have a question as a student of English:
>
>    Wasn't the subj supposed to read "Anybody can lend me $10k?"
>
>    Or am I still brainwashed by Commies? They taught us that one
>    borrows from...

Hi Yuri,

Your brainwashers were correct. This, however, is a bit of slang.
Another similar example would be the substitution of the word "learned"
for "taught," as in "Mrs. Mathers learned me how to spell my name
today." or "She learnt me real good." I used to hear this kind of thing
a lot when I lived in Kentucky.

donm
(American Public School Brainwasher)

Don McClure							Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Bel Air, MD
donindigo2 at mac.com