[geeks] Anybody can borrow me $10k? hehe....

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 19 20:41:03 CST 2002

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Most useful stuff is out of place on Windows. ;)

Yeah, true.  My main uses for Windows are web stuff, games, and PIC
programming.  And ssh to the FreeBSD box that's five feet away.  Oh and
anything graphical, mainly because my FreeBSD box is rather inadequate
for that.

This is one of the reasons I'm seriously thinking of getting a Mac.  It's
unix, so I can do the useful things that I do with my FreeBSD box, but
it's also mainstream, so I can do a lot of the things that I use the
Windows box for.  I think that the main thing I need to replace is my PIC
programmer.  Everything else, except for the games, should be perfectly
usable on OSX.

Actually, even the games aren't a problem...  My main time waster right
now is WarCraft III, which was released for Mac and PC from day 1.  I hope
that's the start of a trend for the gaming market.

Of course, I have no idea if I'll actually *like* OSX, I've never put a
Mac to any serious use, so if I do buy one it'll be on a leap of faith.

>    I've been using it for about a year and I like it.  It seems very
> well thought out.

It seems to have a bit of weirdness in the UI, but that's just me.  Even
after using it for only a few minutes it is starting to make sense.  I
like how the hotkeys work, now that I've used it a bit.

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca