[geeks] Anybody can borrow me $10k? hehe....

Corda Albert J DLVA CordaAJ at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Tue Nov 19 16:47:26 CST 2002

I fully agree. The system I use most of the time is a lowly
Compaq iPaq 500 Mhz, and it's used mostly for mail and browsing
epay and newsgroups. It's small, low power, and gets the job done.
Yep, I know I could use the Onyx, the E3000 or one of the SS1000E
critters I have hanging around for these mundane tasks, but what
would be the point? Simply to spend money? My pay isn't that hot
(but it is reliable... one of the only good things about working
for the government), and I'm single, so there's no one to impress
with the big bad machines except the cat (and she's not easily
impressed ;-). She does, however, like to sit on top of the
E3000 when it is running. My guess is that it's warmer there...
or perhaps the fan vibration gives her a thrill ;-)

-al-
-acorda at 1bigred.com

onent.rear.html

AC input: 	100 - 240 VAC, 47 - 63 Hz, 8 A(max), 0.875 KVA
input power: 	670W
Heat output: 	2286 BTU/hour

Compare that to the G4 Cube:

AC input: 115V AC (90V to 132V AC) or 230V AC (180V to 264V AC)
          47 to 63 Hz, single phase
Maximum continuous power: 205W

>From what I can see, the Blade 1000 uses 3X as much power as my G4 Cube
does.  Plus, it puts out a LOT of heat - so I keep it off unless i have a
specific need for it.

If you guys want to pay my power bill, sure, I'll run it 24/7 and give out
accounts or something.. but until then, have a nice cup of SHUT THE FUCK UP.

8-)

Bill

--
bill bradford