[geeks] Anybody can borrow me $10k? hehe....

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Nov 19 16:20:17 CST 2002

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 05:10:35PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >Why drive a V-12 Jag to work every day when my Kia gets me there just
> >fine?  When I have a need for that much horsepower, I'll fire it up...
>   Hoo boy.
>    -Dave

Keep in mind I'm also trying to REDUCE MY ELECTRIC BILL.  Therefore, I
have certain systems that I only power up when I *need* to.  The Blade
1K uses more power than the rest of my systems (hell, HALF THE CASE
is the damn power supply), so I use it sparingly.

http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/SunBlade1000/component.rear.html

AC input: 	100 - 240 VAC, 47 - 63 Hz, 8 A(max), 0.875 KVA
input power: 	670W
Heat output: 	2286 BTU/hour

Compare that to the G4 Cube:

AC input: 115V AC (90V to 132V AC) or 230V AC (180V to 264V AC)
          47 to 63 Hz, single phase
Maximum continuous power: 205W

>From what I can see, the Blade 1000 uses 3X as much power as my G4 Cube
does.  Plus, it puts out a LOT of heat - so I keep it off unless i have a
specific need for it.

If you guys want to pay my power bill, sure, I'll run it 24/7 and give out
accounts or something.. but until then, have a nice cup of SHUT THE FUCK UP.
8-)

Bill

--
bill bradford