[geeks] OF in a PC

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Nov 19 14:48:16 CST 2002

[ On Tuesday, November 19, 2002 at 14:43:14 (-0500), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: [geeks] OF in a PC
>
> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=2161
>
> Well, not quite.  The Moxi PVR system is based on a Cyrix x86 clone, but
> they took the step of making it boot with OpenFirmware.  That's kinda
> cool.

That's not just cool, it could be bloody amazing!

There are not enough details though -- they just use the phrase "Open
Firmware"....

Are you sure it's real OpenFirmware, i.e. IEEE 1275?  I've never been
able to find any documentation anywhere of anyone even beginning to work
on creating a true OpenFirmware-based machine with anything even
remotely close to any x86 processor.

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>