[geeks] Anybody can borrow me $10k? hehe....

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 19 02:18:44 CST 2002

$10K's really not that much. When you consider you can pay more than 5-10
times that for an expansion card...

"The WildCat implementation on the 6800s is somewhat less sophisticated, says
Perrenod, than it is on the 12Ks and 15Ks, which probably explains the pricing
differences for WildCat interconnection cards on the machines. Sun Fire Link
assemblies for the 6800 cost $56,000 a piece (you need one for each server in
the cluster), and on the 12K and 15K machines, the Sun Fire Link assemblies
cost over $100,000. The WildCat interconnect can, in theory, be added to the
eight-way Sun Fire 3800 and twelve-way Sun Fire 4800 servers, but has not
been."

Kinda puts it in perspective.

Will.