[geeks] WTB: P3-600 slot1 cpu

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun Nov 17 13:23:54 CST 2002

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 12:24:31PM -0600, Geek wrote:
> Yeah, all I want is a 1 GHz PC. One day I will own a Sun, but right now
> those are too rare in this city, and not really worth it to me to have
> one shipped in. Not light if I am right. As well, the additional problem
> is that all I hear shows that I need a new monitor for one of those(I am
> not big on VPN or SSH into machines. I prefer being right in front of
> it) and those(sync on green) by my research show to be quite expensive,
> even on eBay. I like Sun hardware, but the extra's are just unreasonably
> high for me to consider.

Good moniters aren't expensive.  I'd imagine that shipping would be
awefull.

BTW, shipping an O2 to your brother only cost something like $25.  I
wouldn't expect a SS10 or SS20 to cost much more.

And SOG is mainly for SGIs.  Suns use composite sync, and I think that
most PC monitors do that, so all you'd need is a 13w3->HD15 adapter.

--
Joshua D. Boyd