[geeks] Solaris 2.5.1 ppc boot floppy

Sven Dickert Sven.Dickert at remote.org
Thu Nov 7 07:11:19 CST 2002

Hi Mike Ekholm,

  have you managed to get a 2.5.1 ppc bootfloppy yet?

  I've one that works with a IBM RS/6000 7020/40P PowerPC
computer. It boots this into some beta-version of Solaris 2.6 ppc.
Interessted?

  I'm looking for some sort of C compiler for Solaris/ppc. I
tried gcc 2.8.1 but not all shared binaries work with that.
I've to compile them static, what makes the computer even
slower :) There must be some sun WSPRO pre 4.0 compiler that
makes solaris-ppc-elf binaries. But it isn't on the sparc cd
of wspro. Any idea?

reg. Sven