[geeks] D-VHS

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 21:39:05 CST 2002

--- Scott Howard <scott at doc.net.au> wrote:

> the other stuff you can now do on the average $100 DVD player.

Speaking of affordable DVD players, I was visiting my folks in FL this
weekend, and wanted to play some DVDs, so I went to Radio Shack and got
an SVideo cable & sound cables for about $34 (incl. tax)...

Couldn't get it to work with my Dell laptop from work.

SO I returned the cable (they're good that way - I also took care not
to mangle the packaging), went to Circuit City and got a *cheap* Apex
1200 DVD player for $44.95.

$44.95.

It is a decent player, no matter the price... Only four real buttons on
the case, *no* LCD/LED display.

$44.95.

Unbelievable...

=====