[geeks] Children's Shows...

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sun Nov 10 13:45:35 CST 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 14:33, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I think Spongebob is like The Flintstones - not really aimed at Kids,
> but works on both levels...

I don't they that they're NOT aimed at kids, I think the cartoonists
found out long ago that if they make a cartoon, and the kids like it but
the parents don't, it won't be as successful.  If the cartoon is
completely stupid, and the parents can't stand it, they're the ones that
control what's on TV, and they won't watch it (consequently, the kids
won't).  But, if they make something that's entertaining for both the
kids and the parents it will be successful.  And you mentioned two
examples of this, Spongebob and the Flintstones.  I can't think of any
others off the top of my head, but i'm sure there are more.

	-Dan Sikorski