[geeks] Interesting thing noticed with Nvidia GL on linux

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Nov 9 01:55:11 CST 2002

I was watching the CPU meter while running an OpenGL program I've been
working on.  What lept out at me was the my program was using about 60%
of both CPUs, but I didn't write any threading into the program, and it
doesn't appear to use both CPUs when run on a dual Xeon at school.
Further more, this program doesn't really do much other than through
geometry at the video card.  It doesn't do any matrix math itself,
instead prefering to push all matrix operations onto the GL sub-system,
then read the results back.

Anyway, now that my program is finally building on linux again, I'm
going to bed.

--
Joshua D. Boyd