[geeks] D-VHS

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Nov 6 21:37:27 CST 2002

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 06:56:47PM -0600, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> My boss just picked up a JVC D-VHS deck. $1300CAN. It has firewire in
> and out, HDTV, and holds 24hours of DVD quality video on a $30 tape.

JVC's Firewire-capable stuff ROCKS.  I've got a dual-deck (MiniDV and
SVHS) SR-VS20U here.  Used it to capture about 25 hours of movie takes
and clips to iMovie (and through a convoluted procedure, RealVideo).

I like that I can dump to/from the *VHS* side of it, too.  I can record
something off MiniDV, tweak it around with iMovie (cant afford Final
Cut Pro), then dump it back out to VHS.

Bill

--
bill bradford