[geeks] Misuse of Java

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Nov 6 14:03:08 CST 2002

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 07:57:50PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 02:50:26PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >   Also, the embedded systems community is moving to Java in droves for
> > larger applications due to lack of bugs caused by misuse of dynamic
> > allocation and pointers.
>
> There are plenty of other languages which don't suffer from those,
> including perl, python and ruby.

Java can be compiled to native code fairly efficiency.  I noticed that
python can be compiled as of pretty recently, but I don't know how
efficient it is, or mature.  I can't say a single thing about ruby.

Perl however sucks.  Except Dave wouldn't be so polite about putting it
that way.

--
Joshua D. Boyd