[geeks] Misuse of Java

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Nov 6 13:50:26 CST 2002

On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 02:21 PM, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> As far as I've ever been able to tell Java has no valid technical
> reason
> for being -- never really did, and probably never will.

   Wow, I suppose it's a good thing you're wrong. ;)

   If it weren't for Java, my company's product would be functioning
maybe 1-2 years from now, instead of *now*...and then it'd likely only
be on one or two platforms.

   Also, the embedded systems community is moving to Java in droves for
larger applications due to lack of bugs caused by misuse of dynamic
allocation and pointers.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "So you're really not gonna bite on the
St. Petersburg, FL              transvestite bait?"    -Doc Shipley