[geeks] Misuse of Java

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Nov 6 11:53:37 CST 2002

On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 12:28 PM, Jonathan C Patschke wrote:
> "Extreme Programming" at Rice was just another term for "Team
> Programming" on a single terminal; the idea being that someone
> hovering over your shoulder can catch when you type pritnf instead of
> printf, or something stupid like that.  They thought it was some sort
> of holy grail, and you couldn't opt out of it in several required
> courses.  In fact, if you wrote code, at any time, without your
> partner sitting beside you (say he went to go take a leak or somesuch,
> and you typed `\n");'), your assignment was an automatic F.  Let me
> just say that this policy fucked me over royally[1], and I would have
> my degree right now had it not been present.  Yes, I'm bitter.

   Oh nonono...that was misuse of the term.  And completely ridiculous,
I might add.  Extreme Programming is fairly well documented...I saw at
least four books on it the last time I was at Border's.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "So you're really not gonna bite on the
St. Petersburg, FL              transvestite bait?"    -Doc Shipley