[geeks] FDDI

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Nov 5 21:44:06 CST 2002

On Tuesday, November 5, 2002, at 10:33 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> For about three years back in the late
>> 80s/early 90s, I worked for Gerald Clancy at a tiny three-man (well
>> we peaked at five I guess) startup company in Trenton NJ called
>> Princeton Desktop Systems, Inc.  He was the guy who chaired IEEE
>> committee 802.3.  He doesn't have anything good to say about ethernet
>> either, or Bob Metcalf for that matter.
>
> Fair enough...
>
> I assume that he became part of Clancy Paul Computers, in Princeton...
> Links point to www.justdeals.com... who have a $29.95 USB and PCMCIA
> cards:

   Nope, completely unrelated...Clancy Paul is a retail store, PDS is a
contract database software development company.  I actually worked for
Clancy Paul (the Princeton store...they're a chain) for a few months in
1985, after school.  That was before I got hooked up with PDS.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                  "Mmmm, big."
St. Petersburg, FL                -Den