[geeks] Ebay. Aaaagh!

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Mon May 20 21:04:48 CDT 2002

on 5/20/02 9:48 PM, Peter L. Wargo at pwargo at basenji.com wrote:

> On Monday, May 20, 2002, at 06:23 PM, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
>
>> In my experience the folks that work in those shipping places are NOT
>> packing experts. Just cuz they pack loads of boxes don't mean diddly if
>> they
>> are doing it wrong from the start. I have had more stuff packed by
>> 'experts'
>> come FSCKed up that I can tell you about. Stuff that people *paid*
>> extra to
>> have packed by an 'expert' even.
>
> Chan is a "packing pro" - in the distribution biz for 15+ years.  She
> and I agree, our loal place is quite good at packing - I've never had a
> shipment damaged through them.

Then that is rare, albeit good for you :) I have had very bad experiences
though.

>> You cannot charge for paypal fees on eBay. It is against eBay rules. It
>> is
>> also illegal by some statute in Cali.
>
> Oh, really...? Hmmmm...

Yepper. I tried to recoup my PayPal fees and got the big smack down from
eBay for it. The item they pointed me at on thier site mentioned the
illegality of that is Cali as well as thier rule against.

I have to agree with Kurt, the fee is really small enough that I just don't
worry about it anymore.

Mike N