[geeks] FW: boats

William S. wstan at xs4all.nl
Thu May 9 01:41:33 CDT 2002

Here is Amsterdam there are several "functional"
houseboats (converted barges) that people live aboard.
Right next to my apartment building there is a channel/canal
where a family lives with a couple children. They do the normal
things any family does except a few times a year I see
that they disappear along with their boat. How nice
it is to be able to take your home with you on a holiday.
I have contemplated buying one myself just for that
reason. You can get to many places here in Europe
through the waterways.

--
Bill
Amsterdam, NL