[geeks] UPSs

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Tue May 7 22:40:44 CDT 2002

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> I thought every soft-power SPARC, SGI, PC, and Macintosh "did the right
> thing"[1] when you pushed the power button (or power key, for the Mac). My
> U10, PC, Octane, and PowerMac/7300 all do.

Do the soft power switches on Ultras "do the right thing"?  I was under
the impression they tended to do a halt and power down...  I remember a
cranky oracle database on an Ultra 5/10 because some dumbass hit that
power switch...

Maybe I'm wrong, I'd be glad to be.  Although I've always hated them
because they put them out in the open where some dumbass is likely
to press them...

--Kurt