[geeks] Sun/SGI CDROM drives

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Mar 31 21:43:25 CST 2002

> there's about 15 of them on ebay right now.
>
> > Anyone know where the current deals are on Sun/SGI bootable CDROM
> > drives?

Yeah, but I'm not willing to pay for either the Sun or the SGI brand
name.  What I'm looking for is a discounter that has 16x or faster
CDROMs that can do 512Kbyte-blocks so that I can use it on my SGIs and
Suns - without waiting painfully long for my current Sun 1x (though it
is bulletproof) to load OSs and apps.

Essentially, just looking for a bare drive that I can pop into an
external case, painted to match my Octane.

Kurt