[geeks] well, hell

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Mar 29 15:33:26 CST 2002

On March 29, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > > This was $250 or so, labor included.
> >   Oh ok, that's not too bad...but it still sucks that you need a new
> > one... :-(
>
> Yeah.. The entire car's only worth $5-6K, for $2100 we'd say "just tow it
> back to our house" and we'd go looking for another vehicle.
>
> Course, compare the factory sticker price of your car, to the factory price
> of this car ('92 LeBaron convertible, V6)... 8-)  This was a "go across town
> and pick it up" part, while I doubt yours was that easy to get...

  Well it's easy enough to get, but I won't be able to afford that for
quite a while.  Fortunately, the failure mode is a little more "black
and white"...it either starts or it doesn't start...and when it does,
it runs fine.  So I will survive with it like this for a while.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar