[geeks] FC-AL COUNT ME IN

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 28 16:37:58 CST 2002

On March 28, FTG wrote:
> I am in. for either BOTH.....when can I send my money :-)

  Whoa there...let's get the thing designed first! ;)

  Unless someone convinces me otherwise, my first task will be to design
an easily-reproducible Tcard.  Yes, I know they're available, but
they're WAY too expensive.  There's no innovation going on here...this
is just doing it ourselves to avoid buying the really expensive
stuff. :-)  Other FC-AL hardware can follow later on.  I need to find
a good deal on a copper FC-AL interface board, preferably a Qlogic
QLA-2100, for testing...all my current FC-AL stuff is fiber.

  I've set up a mailing list for this hackage on my mail server.  To
subscribe, fire up a web browser and point it at
http://mail.neurotica.com:8080/mailman/listinfo/fcal-hackers.  This
list is open to anyone who wants to participate in the design or
construction of this stuff, help fund the project (in return for
hardware when it's done, of course) or folks who just want to listen
in.

  I've CCd this to rescue since there are some people there who may
want to get in on this.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar