[geeks] FC-AL conversation from last month

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 28 14:47:58 CST 2002

On March 28, Big Endian wrote:
> >   I was swamped when the whole "let's revisit the whole FC-AL thing"
> >thread took place about a month ago.
>
> Did the product work?  Did you make it?

  We missed the trade show due to infrared transceiver problems.  I've
nearly finished redesigning the whole damn thing; I expect to have a
prototype working in another week.

  The trade show was a success anyway, though.

> >   I read with interest the apparent problem of handling load-balancing
> >and failover with ATX power supplies.  I may have a solution to that
> >problem, if is indeed still a problem.
>
> Do tell!

  [mentioned in other email]

> >   Has this subject gotten any further than where it left off on 2/28?
> >Is anyone else interested in hacking on this, or funding it to get
> >some of whatever hardware results from it?  Is anyone interested in
> >opening a discussion?
>
> I'm in.

  Ok.  This could wind up being a big project...if enough people are
interested I may set up a quick temporary mailing list for it.

  FYI I'm not really interested in doing a whole chassis, but a <$50
Tcard design would be cool.  The fellow who's selling them on eBay for
$50 has a workable design, but it's pretty simplistic and WAY
overpriced.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar