[geeks] dudley moore rip 8-(

Lauren Child lauren at laurenchild.net
Wed Mar 27 15:39:54 CST 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/27/death.dudley/index.html
>
> LONDON, England -- British comedian and actor Dudley Moore has died aged 66 at his home in New Jersey after a long illness.
>
> Moore died of pneumonia as a complication of progressive supranuclear palsy at 11 a.m. EST on Wednesday, publicist Michelle Bega in Los Angeles told The Associated Press.
>

> Wasnt my favorite actor, but he *was* funny.

Oh no. - He was fantastic.  I dont think american audiences got to see him
at his best - he did very very old black and white comedy programs with
Peter Cook in the UK.  He never quite got the spark back after they
stopped working together - they used to play off each other.

Cripes - at this rate we arent going to have any good comedians left.
Spike Milligan popped his clogs last month...

TTFN
Lauren

Lauren Child, lauren at laurenchild.net
"It may be very unwise indeed, but I'm a scientist, its what I do"