[geeks] Free SGI, HP, and Alpha stuff

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Mar 27 13:27:50 CST 2002

Forwarded/edited email:

As far as the SGI stuff goes, I have 2 iris indigo's, one with 8 bit frame
buffer and 1 with the 24 bit framebuffer. Both work, although the 8 bit
machine has a bad simm so its flakey.
They are pretty neat old boxes.  IRIX 5.3 is on the 24 bit machine, and the
other has no sleds installed (being used in the 24 bit machine).  I have a
working 4mm tape drive with them, and a 17 inch and 19 inch SGI monitor.

As far as HP stuff goes, I have 1 HP735 setup ready to go with HPUX 10.2
installed, another case for backup (powersupply and logic board only).  2 or
three extra processor boards and a bunch of miscellaneous RAM.  I
also have a 715 that is just sitting, but worked the last time I looked at it
(over a year ago).  Finally I think I have 2 external graphics boxes with 3bnc
out.  I have literally thrown out 10 735's and 15 or the graphics boards in
the last few months... we just don't have space at work..

I have a BUNCH of SGI CD's and HP CD's, and a full set of documentation for the
Iris Indigo, That was a nice find ( Actually I found the original recipt for
the irises a few months back, man they were expensive back in the day!).

Also:

1X    DEC3000-400 Model PE40A-A9 CPU - KN15-BA No CDROM
1X    PMAGC Graphics board (full length) Bt463 RAMDAC
2X    DEC Storage expansion Model SZ12C-CA Full desktop Size HDD Case
1X    VT220 Terminal w/ keyboard
1X    20" HP2094A 3BNC Color Monitor

Please contact Chris Purdy, cpurdy at eta.com, if interested in any of the
above equipment.  Stuff is free, you pay for packing/shipping.

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net
Austin, TX