[geeks] Mailing list software.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Mar 26 21:51:05 CST 2002

On March 26, R. Lonstein wrote:
>     [snip]
> >   Not surprising. These are the guys that advocate using
> >   BIND4, which most of the rest of the world abandoned
> >   more than five years ago.
>     [snip]
>
> Except that the OpenBSD BIND4 has been audited by that team and is held
> to the same standards as the rest of the core. Last I read, no one is
> stepping forward to do that audit for BIND8 and Theo doesn't intend to
> work on BIND9 for a while (if at all). That's little comfort if you need
> a feature present in later versions but you can always run whatever you
> want to compile. It's in both the packages and ports.

  I think we're all aware of this...but it doesn't change the fact
that the rest of the world abandoned BIND4 for BIND8 many years ago.

  If it's good enough for the root nameservers, it's good enough for
me.  But Theo probably thinks he knows better than the root
operators..

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar