[geeks] "Must See" movies.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Mar 26 15:00:29 CST 2002

On March 26, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> > >   Though Army of Darkness, which Sridhar subjected me to last night,
> > >came pretty close... ;)
> >
> > DUDE!!! that movie RULES!!  what are you talking about?
>
> it turns out that Dave McGuire is far more lame than any of us ever suspected.
>
> such a shame,

  Sorry man, I just can't get into *BAD* movies. ;)

  Seriously though...I think it's the "rampant silliness" thing.  I just
don't get it.  I see enough of it around here when Greg Woods starts
trying to sound technically inclined.  I tend to like "engaging"
movies that are at least somewhat believable.  Usually, anyway.

  And futuristic movies...take Brazil for example...It seems I have very
little patience for futuristic movies that aren't the least bit
plausible.  For example...that scene in which Bruce Willis gets put in
the chair that runs halfway up the wall, and the other folks talk to
him by appearing on a cluster of about twenty different-sized CRTs all
cobbled together.  What the fuck is THAT shit?  In other words..."in
what possible world would THAT exist?"

  (Not trying to poo-poo the movie, just explaining why *I* didn't like
it)

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar