[geeks] Mailing list software.

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Mar 26 04:52:14 CST 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 12:38:02AM -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> I need to set up a mailing list on one of my servers. I am looking at
> majordomo and mailman. Which is best. (Maybe that was a bad question) anyway.
> Which is the easiest to setup and maintain, which is most secure?

I prefer majordomo.  It's much simpler.  However, it doesn't provide the
pretty front-end that mailman does.  As for security - I don't think it
makes a great deal of difference.

   Perl may be the best solution for processing a text
   file, but asking a group of Perl Mongers clearly isn't
                                                  -- aef, in #london.pm