[geeks] Mailing list software.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Mar 26 00:02:32 CST 2002

On March 26, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> I need to set up a mailing list on one of my servers. I am looking at
> majordomo and mailman. Which is best. (Maybe that was a bad question) anyway.
> Which is the easiest to setup and maintain, which is most secure?

  I've run majordomo for years, but switched over to mailman a few
days ago.  Mailman kicks the shit out of majordomo in every way.

  Majordomo is very slow, not very feature-rich, and has been pretty
stagnant for several years.

  In short...use mailman.  It rocks.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar