[geeks] I want one...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Mar 25 20:47:58 CST 2002

> Last I knew (pre-Evolution engine) the HP/CID ratio on HD vibrators wasn't
> very good. The Sentra probably gets better performance than an HD engine. Of
> course, this may have changed with the Evolution engine (or not). Also, more
> cylinders/smaller-per-cylinder-displacement generally yields more usable
> power (hence the Jag V12).

Sometimes - but it depends on what your definition of "power" is.
V-Twin engines typically have more torque than 4-cylinder engines of the
same displacement.  However, 4-cylinder engines aren't subject ot the
rev limitations that twins are, so they typically can make more
horsepower.

It really all depends on how you want your bike to sound - screaming or
rumbling.  Mine is rumbling :)

Kurt