[geeks] Idea for law that forces unsolicited mail to have a special header tag

Geek geek at geeksworld.net
Mon Mar 25 17:24:08 CST 2002

Is it not reasonable to suggest that the US and other nations enact laws
that state all unsolicited/mass emails must have a special header that can
be filtered if the person does not want it? I mean the spammer's
associations are whining and complaining that they are being vilified as
spammer's when they are only trying to run legitimate businesses, so in that
case they should have no problem with providing the recipients a way to
easily get out of all such emails. I mean it makes logical sense to me, so
it would work, right?

I am not foolish enough to sit here and say it would be acceptable, as the
spammer's would find some way to argue against it or work around it, but it
*does* make sense to me! Anyone else agree? Disagree?

I may not get to your replies for a couple of days as this list had more
then 300 posts while I was out of town from Friday around 2 to last night
around 9 CST. I do so hate to not read posts because I use this list more to
learn then to laugh, though there are large quantities of both.

Dwight Wallbridge,
Webmaster, Geek, Blogger.

Geek's World http://www.geeksworld.net
Geek Blog http://www.geekblog.net/