[geeks] I want one...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Mar 23 16:01:33 CST 2002

> I'm really thinking about one of these:
> http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mctriumph/01tiger.motml
> but before I pop for a new Triumph, I'll probably see what I can get in
> the way of a mid-1990's BMW R100GS. Then I'd be off to the Touratech
> catalog. :)

Triumph are one of those bike that you either understand, or don't.
Kinda like a PT Cruiser - love or hate em.  Not much middle ground when
it comes to Triumphs for some reason.  I've even considered a Triumph
America - just because it's "different".

> Cool. My problem is that when I ride I have to choose between a day on
> the bike or a day with my spouse. And I garage it upstate at a friend's
> place, so it becomes something of a hassle.

The choice is easy - buy the Tiger, then you and your spouse can both
ride (that's what I'm doing anyway).  Karin wants the Kawasaki Drifter -
a very pretty bike.  Kawasaki's site is totally unviewable without
flash, but here's a ride review for the 800cc:
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mckaw/00drifter800.html
and the 1500
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mckaw/drifter/drifter.html
Both bike have changed slightly for 2001 and 2002 - most notable the
dumping of that awfull two-up seat on the 800 for a nice cushy solo.

Kurt