[geeks] I want one...

R. Lonstein rlonstein at pobox.com
Sat Mar 23 11:04:39 CST 2002

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 05:08:17PM -0800, Kurt Huhn wrote:

    [snip]
> these, it's more my style: http://www.hondamotorcycles.co-
> m/models/2002/index.html?model_number=VT1100C2

Not my style. I own the '91 model of this:
http://www.hondamotorcycles.com/models/2002/index.html?model_number=CB750
which I bought from my father (thanks, Dad! Never too old to horse trade
with your father!) not long after he added a Corbin seat and a National
Cycle windshield. It's a good bike, comfortable but sort of sedate.

I'm really thinking about one of these:
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mctriumph/01tiger.motml
but before I pop for a new Triumph, I'll probably see what I can get in
the way of a mid-1990's BMW R100GS. Then I'd be off to the Touratech
catalog. :)

> I'm still building one - about >< this close to being able
> to afford the frame. It's all easy from there - until I
> buy the engine/trans...

Cool. My problem is that when I ride I have to choose between a day on
the bike or a day with my spouse. And I garage it upstate at a friend's
place, so it becomes something of a hassle.

- Ross