[geeks] ARGH FIX YOUR MAIL SERVERS IF USING ORBZ

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Mar 22 18:43:46 CST 2002

On March 22, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >   Well, the mail server in question will handle mail for about 150
> > people, and I don't want all my cycles going to Perl...
>
> I use the spamd/spamc implementation of spamassassin, so that it
> doesent have to fork a new perl process for each email.
>
> root 27082     1  0   Mar 05 ?        0:18 /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/spamd

  Ahh, that's not so bad...a 1+MB Perl process fork for every piece of
incoming mail would be an issue, but just one is
less...unreasonable. :) I will investigate this a bit further.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "Watch those lateral G's man,
St. Petersburg, FL               I've got sandwiches in my lap!" -Sridhar