[geeks] Zip disks (Nightmare on Iomega street )

Corda Albert J DLVA CordaAJ at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Fri Mar 22 17:20:23 CST 2002

The problem with zip drives was simply that they didn't work worth
a c**p (as anyone who has lost a significant backup or been stopped
cold during a presentation by the "click-of-death" will attest.) A
transportable media that is not reliable is worthless to me. The
final nail in the coffin as far as I was concerned was when I had
a zip drive mangle a disk in such a way that it mangled all the other
drives it was inserted into.  I still shudder when I think of that
particular fiasco.  The idea may have been good, but the execution
was a technical nightmare... just my $0.02 worth.

-al-
-acorda at 1bigred.com