[geeks] OK success almost

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Fri Mar 22 16:19:37 CST 2002

>I have gotten my new Crimson up and running 6.2
>
>quick questions:
>
>Where do I set the default gateway?

you have to make your own rc script to do that stuff under 6.2.  Google for it.

>Where do I get bash + other freeware (in a way that is least
>annoying... I've heard stories about the SGI freeware site)

freeware.sgi.com has 6.2 stuff hidden in there or if you can wait
I'll build some stuff for you.

>also... isn't the Crimson a 64 bit machine?  I was wondering why
>running file on many of the files yields 32 bit programs... can they
>be changed?... and why of course does the default install install
>only 32 bit stuff?

Irix 6.2 also runs on Indys, which are 32 bit, even though the cpu
can be 64.  Its evil but thats the way it is.  Unless you go R10k it
won't be pure 64bit.

daniel