[geeks] I'm bored

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Mar 22 16:01:48 CST 2002

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 04:46:04PM -0800, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > > I may have made a mistake getting SSI graphics, it's gonna be twice as
> > > expensive for me to add TRAM than SI systems.  Criminy, I could get a SI
> > > board *with* TRAM for less than 2 TRAMS.
> >
> > Yes, but think how much nicer MXI will be than SI+Tram.
> >

> Yep, when I saw this deal I got a major woody.  195Mhz, 2x9GB, 512MB
> RAM, SSI, PCI cage, GDM-4011P, speakers, kbd/mouse, and the kitchen sink
> for $699.  I jumped, I couldn't resist :)

I thought the kitchen sync was an ISA card.  Maybe they made a PCI version.

It was pretty cool.  It sat in the computer in an ISA slot, but it didn't
interact with the computer.  You had a cable coming from the card to a box
with a bunch of buttons and a small LCD display. Quite cool. Cost a fortune
back in the day.

--
Joshua D. Boyd