[geeks] Further info on Sol8 networking problem

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Mar 22 11:51:20 CST 2002

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 09:41:01AM -0800, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> > code out that I could actually do something with them interesting.  I figure
> > the monitor will cast a little over $200, the O2 a little over $400 (without
> > the HD array that will also be needed sooner or later), and the camcorder
> > a little of $700.
>
> At some point you'll have to decide what your time/effort is worth, and
> go from there.
>
> Or, we could always start a collection to get you a NAT box. :-)

The last time I looked at hardware NATs they cost up close to $100.  I'm
looking at the one Bill just recommend, and I'm leaning towards ordering one
for $50 + shipping.

Of course, if people want to take up a collection for O2 or whatnot... I
promise to at least release a few cool video utilities.  Anyone interested
in retiming software?  Color correction that really sizzles?  Particle system?
Lightning?  Batch compositor?  I have pieces of each sitting around waiting
for me to get more work done on them.  Things like work, Solaris 8 networking
problems, uncooperative Macs, and stupid linux and windows machines that
flake out at a glance distracting me.

--
Joshua D. Boyd