[geeks] Re: [rescue] Re: Sad end to SGI Power Challenge XL story

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Fri Mar 22 08:39:33 CST 2002

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> Look, who would've thought DEC would go the way they did?)

Heh.

Palmer kept selling off chunks of the company.  People would ask
"Are you trying to get the company to a saleable size?"  And he'd
poo-poo the idea.

Then he got it small enough that compaq could eat it, and sold it.

I think it was a crime.  And I can't believe no one took him to
task for lying through his teeth for his benefit.

--Kurt