[geeks] Re: [rescue] Re: Sad end to SGI Power Challenge XL story

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 21 23:42:38 CST 2002

On March 21, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >   In recent years I've become very much aware of my many little pet
> > peeves.  One of my biggest ones lately has been "doomsaying" regarding
> > vendors, products, or architectures in the computer industry.  Someone
> > gets bought, and all of a sudden they're "dead".
>
> *cough* alpha *cough* 8-9
>
> Bill (helping move tons of storage from EMC-scsi to new EMC-fiber storage
>       this Saturday, in preparation for a migration from Alpha to Sun..)

  (So, they accelerated the kill-the-alpha plan and I just missed the
announcement?)

  Further...the alpha situation isn't an example of what I'm complaining
about, because it's actually *happening* (well, in a few years).  I'm
talking about stuff that ISN'T actually happening.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "Watch those lateral G's man,
St. Petersburg, FL               I've got sandwiches in my lap!" -Sridhar