[geeks] I'm bored

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Mar 21 13:44:04 CST 2002

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 02:38:43PM -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> On Thursday 21 March 2002 02:33 pm, you wrote:
>
> > > I watched it Monday. OK, so I know what you mean now, just didn't
> > > associate it with "getting ghetto".
> >
> > Oh.  For some reason ghetto seems to be used much the same way medival
> > is/was, in a vaguely barbarous way.  So, for instance instead of getting
> > medival on someone (beat, rape, kill), you go ghetto on them.
> >
> > And then there are ghetto cars ($350 cars with $2k rims), ghetto colo, etc.
>
> I'm sorry but "getting ghetto on your ass" <said in Samuel L. Jackson voice>
> just does not have rthe same ring to it.

Did I say it was a good move to switch terms?  No, I just said that some
people are doing it.  I personally quite dislike the move.  And I really hate
the demonstration I got subjected to on the proper "ghetto" way to open a
lil hug.  Shudder.  I wonder if the same method applies to lil kim. On second
thought don't want to know.

--
Joshua D. Boyd