[geeks] I'm bored

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Thu Mar 21 13:36:07 CST 2002

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Watch the movie.  You must.  Just telling you that means doesn't do it
> justice.  My recal is that the rating is for bad language (of the teenagers
> at the mall variety), in case that makes any difference to you.

J&SBSB earned an R in less than 2:00 minutes into the movie. Somelike like
over 13 "fuck"s.

The scene with Jay going down on the nun was supposed to end with Jay
picking a pubic hair out of his teeth, but the MPAA didn't like it. That
or the gay jokes.

You can kill someone in a movie -- blood, guts, and parts all over the
place, and get an "R", no problem -- so much as mention the idea of having
a drop of semen on those bodies and it's too much for the MPAA.

But I don't know what I'm talking about. If Chief Justice Roy Moore thinks
he speaks for the state of Alabama (which he doesn't), we'd *all* think a
drunk, abusive father is better than a loving dike mother.