[geeks] Re: [rescue] Re: Sad end to SGI Power Challenge XL story

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 21 11:08:43 CST 2002

On March 21, Big Endian wrote:
> >>  Chalenges don't do FastE.  You'll need an Origin for that.  But my L
> >
> >   Umm, no, when I got my ChallengeDM (the one that you have now)
> >came with two 100mbps ethernet interfaces.
>
> really?  All the docs I've read say that it only does FDDI.  They
> were VME cards obviously, but what kind?  Do you have a link?  BTW,
> George has the DM now.  I just have the CPUs and 64mb sticks out of
> it.

  I don't recall the manufacturer; I sold them on eBay shortly after I
got the machine.  I saw several of them around at the time, though, so
they aren't (or weren't) all that uncommon.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "Watch those lateral G's man,
St. Petersburg, FL               I've got sandwiches in my lap!" -Sridhar