[geeks] WTB: Laser printer

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Mar 20 12:01:20 CST 2002

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 11:19:40AM -0600, Geek wrote:

> I got my printer, with a fresh cartridge, for $5. The replacement
> cartridges are a princely sum of $65. I am currently seeking out
> refill kits, or this printer will go in the heap of crap. The one
> good thing about this is that it lasted from August 2001 to about a
> week ago, which is awesome life for any kind of printer cartridge.

For some of us, that is a short period of time for a toner cartridge. The
ones for my printer are supposed to last about 5000 pages, and even though I
print more than the common bear, I still don't print that much in a year.

That said, I've been keeping my eyes open for a new printer because mine has
become unreliable and I tire of getting it fixed all the time. I've gotten m
any good years of service from this printer which was rescued from the trash.

My next printer is either going to be an HP or have a Canon print engine for
the sake of making parts easier to come by.  But, I don't really have the
money to do anything more than look for amazing steals at this time.

--
Joshua D. Boyd