[geeks] I get to do something cool

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Wed Mar 20 10:14:30 CST 2002

	Right now I am in the process of setting up an h.323 (video over IP)
conference from my[1] PBS station to a PBS station located in Moscow Russia.
The purpose of this is so that a program of theirs, called "Kak eto bylo"
show ("How it happened"), can interview an American WWII veteran about his
involvement in the meeting between the American army and the Russian army
during WWII at Torgau on the Elbe river.
	I plan to sit in on it and listen to his answers, should be pretty
cool. I am just thankful I get to do a geeky job that involves a cool piece
of history also.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org
http://www.whro.org

[1] Mine as in I work here, not mine as in I own it.