[geeks] Palm Pilot "rescue"

Peter Street peter.street at lazerfx.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 15:24:19 CST 2002

From: Fogg, James, Sent: 18 March 2002 20:19

> An engineer at work had an original palm pilot that he had no use for.
> said I'd give it a home. So, now what to do with it.
>
> Lesseee...
> 1/2 meg dram and Motorola processor, gee, isn't there a Linux distro
that
> would run on this? I did hear rumors about a palm linux hack project,
but
> can't find any mention of it among the noise on google.
>
> Since it has the serial hotsync maybe I should use it as a portable
> terminal. I should just place it on a shelf as an example of a
pristine
> Pilot. Perhaps someday there won't be many around.
>
> James Fogg, Network Engineer
> Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
> (603) 442-1751
I've got a Palm Pilot Pro - the 1MB version.  Pristine condition, runs
sweet, my dad still uses it.

I upgraded to the Handspring Visor Deluxe 8MB when I found that I kept
deleting things I wanted to put new stuff on - I still delete stuff, but
not as often.

Peter Street
Web Developer / Manager
LazerFX Productions